Sunday, May 8, 2011

I got it.

We went herding again Saturday in Irvine, KY beautiful little farm. I've tried this a few times before, I'm sure I can count them on one hand, but I got it this time. This herding stuff is tough. Joyce took Amelia in at first and she did OK. Then I took the helm, Amelia was much more settle with me there was balance we actually moved the sheep slowly in a somewhat straight line, not lots of circles changed directions, really quite smooth and it was really FUN. :).
Ginger went in with Joyce and when I get the video I will post she was too much fun.
Joyce was very impressed and called her a bold little girl, she was a total blast to watch. There was a local newspaper reporter there doing a segment on Randy and his dogs but they also took some pictures of Amelia and Ginger and some info so hopefully we will see them in the news.
I sure hope I win the lottery so I can continue this herding because it's fun not quite as fun as agility but I think I have the bug.

6 comments:

  1. FUN! Can't wait to see the video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see you at the trials! Maybe in Ohio next year? Good luck with that lottery thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took Jimmy and Wilson for a lesson this past friday morning. They both LOVE it. I do think agility is more fun, but that's partly because I feel more in control (after, like, 6 years of lessons). We are signed up for the HT at the CCWCC trial in early June so we have a very short term goal. Could be we will be providing the comic relief :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Herding is fun because it is something the dogs love all the way to their toes. It is difficult to give up control, but in tracking and herding, you must cede some to the dog. I cannot wait to see Ginger with the sheep. If she is like her sister Lowri, she will be a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gooo, Ginger! I know she got the herding genes from BOTH her parents! Scout had a lot of drive as does Chase. I'm looking forward to watching the video, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan, My goal is to get Amelia ready for next years national up in OH. If so it will be the first herding trail I will have competed in.

    Taryn good luck with your HT's, at times I felt like I was riding bumper cars. :)

    ReplyDelete