Tuesday, May 29, 2012

My Drunk Little Sailor

The past few days a been a little stressful.  We went to the lake for a day and night and took Flirt, Ginger and Amelia.  Well it was HOT, we got up Sunday morning and I knew Flirt was not feeling well she even skipped breakfast and then dinner.  I though it might be a mild case of heat exhaustion so I gave her a cool bath and I noticed a mass.  Well we ended up having an emergency hernia surgery today and I took this picture when she was waking up from surgery.  She has a foot long incision on her belly, hernia repaired looked as if it's been there a while and the surgeon felt like the small intestine and colon should be OK, but the next 72 hours should tell and then we will be out of the woods.   

7 comments:

  1. Best thoughts for Flirt. I wish ourr dogs weren't so stoic -- we'd get things fixed sooner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping you and Flirt in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. get well soon Flirt! Woofs fm the west coast :) Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Lyberty Gang sends healing thoughts and Hugs to Flirt and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you caught it before something bad happened! Hugs to Flirty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I went to visit Flirt after work today I was told that this was a time bomb and I am very luck as I could have lost her.
    So scary, I think we were being watched over by a guardian angel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I somehow missed this post. I hope that Flirt is feeling better today and on the road to recovery! Poor baby.

    ReplyDelete